By Jason König,Greg Woolf
Read Online or Download Authority and Expertise in Ancient Scientific Culture PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
In lack of heart, lack of SOUL: The Plight of the worldwide religious neighborhood, Dr. Alexander defines, opinions and assesses the worldwide religious neighborhood. He contends that it has misplaced its unique obstacle for and concentrate on relationships (all varieties and kinds), by way of caliber or lack thereof. He argues that after the relational heart is misplaced, the soul of the neighborhood is misplaced besides.
To most folk being attentive to the collision among commercial society and the challenging limits of a finite planet, it really is transparent that issues are going very, very incorrect. We now not have limitless time and assets to house the crises that outline our destiny, and the choices are restricted to the instruments we have now to be had right away.
The four. 4-billion-year historical past of the oceans and their function in Earth's weather systemIt has usually been stated that we all know extra in regards to the moon than we do approximately our personal oceans. in truth, we all know greatly extra concerning the oceans than many of us detect. Scientists understand that our activities this present day are shaping the oceans and weather of tomorrow—and that if we proceed to behave recklessly, the results may be dire.
The phenomenon of accumulating as a scientific job undertaken for symbolic instead of genuine wishes, is generally taken to originate in the midst of the 15th century, whilst the 1st cupboards of curiosities seem in Italy. but it really is transparent that the perform of gathering all started lengthy prior to that, certainly its origins may be traced again hundreds of thousands of years to eu prehistoric groups.
- The Design Inference: Eliminating Chance through Small Probabilities (Cambridge Studies in Probability, Induction and Decision Theory)
- Ayurveda Made Modern: Political Histories of Indigenous Medicine in North India, 1900-1955 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- Economic Policy and Sustainable Land Use: Recent Advances in Quantitative Analysis for Developing Countries (Contributions to Economics)
- Matthew Boulton: Enterprising Industrialist of the Enlightenment (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700–1945)
- Failing Families, Failing Science: Work-Family Conflict in Academic Science
- Constructing Race: The Science of Bodies and Cultures in American Anthropology
Additional info for Authority and Expertise in Ancient Scientific Culture